Job Analysis of a Senior Manager in the particular IT organization
In this section we will critically examine the job description of the Senior Manager in the particular IT organization using job requirement matrix method.
In the particular organization, Senior Manager’s job is a team based job. He/ She is responsible for organizing the teams and deciding the task of each team member. He/ She also ensure there is cohesiveness among the team members.
Typically, any job position will have a job description and a job specification. Job description is basically the tasks and responsibilities of a job position in a particular organization. Job description of the Senior Manager of the particular IT organization will include the tasks performed or the responsibilities expectation from him/ her in the organization.
Task is typically a written description or an assigned work activity and behaviours to be employed by the worker to perform a job. Once the tasks are identified, it is essential to identify the kind of tasks that can be together depending on their relevance. This entire procedure of classifying the tasks in groups is called Task Dimension (Johnson, Griffiths, & Harley, 2003, p. 10). Task and Task dimensions are important for Senior Manager as they are helpful in ascertaining the priorities and the amount of time to be invested in the specific task dimension.
Tasks of a Senior Manager in IT organization-
- Senior Manager is responsible for the appropriate evaluation of implementation and technology related threats for all projects that are under his/her command.
- He/ She has to ensure that the customer’s needs are understood properly.
- Efficient resource planning for team and mandatory inputs for forecasting is the responsibility of the Senior Manager
- He should inculcate a high performance environment in his team and should timely acknowledge and reward the contributions
- Senior manager is responsible for holding regular reviews and resolving the issues with the clients (Mintzberg, 1991, p. 97).