According to Peter Drucker, a famous management guru, “until the plan does not degenerate into the desired work and towards the set goals, the plans are worthless and inefficient”. Implementation is a process where in whatever is planned or strategized should be put into place by enforcing the strategy into actions. Once an implemented strategy has to be controlled, the term control here means the checks and review of the management strategies set during planning and implementation.
Method of controlling:-
- First we would plan the strategy which we have done for hotel indigo above,
- Then we should considerate alternatives set and strategies made
- Then we should choose the best one
- Once chosen we should implement the same
- Now we have to outline in advance of planning which is the first stage that what is the desired purpose and why are we strategizing: for example in this case Hotel Indigo’s purpose is to enhance market share by attracting more guests and thereby enhance the revenue flowing from it,
- Finally we should outline to what extent have the plan implemented been able to successfully achieve the set goals
- Measure any deviations between desired goals and achieved goals
- Finally one has to incorporate various control measures: for example say for Hotel Indigo revenue is desired to go up by 30% but it is noticed the revenue only rises by 5%, thus we will have to use control measure here to reach the desired goals.